-This fungi was isolated from a rotting leaf from an unknown large tree in my neighborhood. This rotting leaf was half brown and half green, with some bumpy/rough spots on it. This is labelled slide 11.
-The color of this fungi was pure white when it was growing, but when the other fungi around it grew it had turned a little brown near the starting point closest to the source. However, on the back it is all white except at the starting point showing a little yellow/brown. When this fungi first grew, it wasn’t as fluffy, but over time with the multiple rings/growth patterns it got more fluffy. Overall, the growth rate was at a medium pace, one ring grew pretty fast but the others took time to develop. It’s growing in a semi-circle around the source.
– This one was difficult to ID because my initial thought was Fusarium because it’s white and fluffy. However, once going through the lab slides from week 1, I realized there are a lot of white and fluffy fungi. So initially, I thought it could be Fusarium solani, Clonostachys rosea, Cylindrocarpon destructans, or Geotrichum candidum. The problem with distinguishing this one is that I didn’t know if the yellow/orangey colour was due to other fungi touching it, since there were other fungi growing closely. However, for this purpose I will distinguish the yellowy colour for this fungi growth since it’s very close to the starting point. It couldn’t be Geotrichum candidum since it wasn’t white homogeneously on both sides. I was thinking it could be Clonostachys rosea since it includes the colour yellow at the bottom, and the top is white and fluffy, with the upper portion sort of looking like penicillate branches forming a bush but decided against it since the bottom wasn’t a light yellow but more of a darker yellow. I also decided against Fusarium solani since I didn’t see much grey at the top even though the mycelia does look cotton-like/extensive and could include a hint of yellow. Therefore, I believe it could be Cylindrocarpon destructans since it is the only one that mentions the bottom to be a burnt-orange with top white, which is what I see at the starting point. There are multiple mycelia that kind of look thinner/slender/irregular branching and some do look erect like they’re touching the top of the petri dish almost.

Image Alt Text: