I apologize again that I didn’t spin these plates properly. Coaster on the PDA is at the bottom, and coater on the CMA is at the top. sage stem cutting on the PDA is at the top and on the CMA it is on the bottom.

This time, the PDA plate grew more types of fungi, as well as a good amount of bacterial colonies when compared to the CMA. In terms of the sage cutting it looks like only bacterial colonies grew from it, except in the PDA plate where on the edge of the bacterial colony there seems to be a tiny fungal colony growing, although it is difficult to tell if it’s from the sage cutting. On the PDA plate as well on the coaster, the fungus growing at the top with the black seems more dense than the one on the CMA which is more diffuse. This fungus on the PDA plate also seems to have a zone of inhibition from something else growing near it, presumably the bacterial colony.

I would argue that the CMA is the better media in this case as well due to the isolation of the fungi, even though the PDA shows more/faster growth.

Image Alt Text: