This cool mushroom was found growing on a grassy patch that is covered with dead spruce leaves. The patch is covered in shade by the large spruce and it is very wet due to collecting rain. (I found all 5 mushrooms at the same spot)

The cap shape is umbonate with a striate/split margin. The cap surface is smooth.

There is no partial veil and the stem is smooth and even and is located centrally. The bulb seems to be ventricose/fusiform.

It appears to be falsely gilled as it possesses gills bit they are branched towards the ends. The “gills” are narrow and subdistant with an entire edge.

It’s a little hard to id this mushroom, but my best guess is that it’s within the Marasmius genus as it appears most similar to other mushrooms in that genus comparing it in the Pictorial Key to Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. The key difference I think which makes this difficult is the branched gills suggesting that it is falsely gilled. It was also found with other mushrooms of the same type in a curve, but it camouflages well into the ground so it is unknown if it is like a fairy ring.

Image Alt Text: